Howler is not a replacement to the vehicle's primary siren; Howler adds a minimum eight second penetrating burst of low frequency siren sound for use in heavy traffic, intersections or other high ambient noise conditions.
Howler includes Siren amplifier with 2 speakers, and vehicle mount brackets.
- The Howler is an add-on to any 100-200 watt warning siren such as the Whelen 295SL Series. Works with most Siren Amplifiers. Includes two speakers for use with Howler amplifier only.
- Works with any sweeping tone, plus Hi/Low and electronic mechanical tone generated by the primary siren.
- The Howler low-frequency tones are synchronous with your primary siren tones to penetrate high noise, high traffic situations.
- The Howler Siren Amplifier module uses the primary siren speaker output wires and divides the frequency down to one of three frequency bands via dip switch. Selections are 1/4 tone, 1/2 tone or a composite of 1/4 and 1/2 tones.
- Lower frequency reverberating tones are better able to penetrate other vehicles, alerting drivers to the presence of the oncoming emergency vehicle.
- Push on/push off button activates/ deactivates the siren, allowing radio transmission to the vehicle without waiting for the unit to time out.
- Built-in timer limits overexposure time to operator. Operators are advised to wear approved hearing protection.
- Two separate external cancel controls, standard. A positive or negative activation will cancel tone.
- Select tone duration and tone style via easy Scan-Lock™ feature and LED indicator. (selection of 8 different tone durations: 8-60 seconds maximum)
- Size, Speaker without bracket: 7-1/4" (184mm) Dia. x 9" (229mm) L.
- Weight: 8 lbs. (3.63kg).
- Size, Amplifier: 2-1/4" (54mm) H x 5" (127mm) D x 4-3/4" (120mm) L.